[MacDV] Does DVD+R read on a Mac ok?

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Wed Jun 29 23:54:42 PDT 2005

I thought I had heard that many DVD burners in more recent Mac models
could read or write to DVD+ discs but Apple restricted this within the OS
(10.3 and earlier). Upgrading to 10.4 may open up this possibility to some
drives.

I think the reason they now make it possible is because of dual layer
discs only being + and this was a direction Apple want to move in as part
of their digital hub.

Yet again I may be completely misinformed... wouldn't be the first time!
;-D

Coj

Rod Duncan <roduncan at telus.net>

Depends on Apple machine and DVD burner model. DVD+R is supported on my
new 1.67 AI PowerBook. Copied a DVD+R with no problems.
Rod

I can do it on a G5.

Paul Moortgat