[MacDV] Does DVD+R read on a Mac ok?

Dennis A. Amith nt2099 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 30 00:28:00 PDT 2005

On 6/29/05 11:54 PM, "Brett Conlon" <brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au> wrote:

> I thought I had heard that many DVD burners in more recent Mac models
> could read or write to DVD+ discs but Apple restricted this within the OS
> (10.3 and earlier). Upgrading to 10.4 may open up this possibility to some
> drives.
>
> I think the reason they now make it possible is because of dual layer
> discs only being + and this was a direction Apple want to move in as part
> of their digital hub.
>
> Yet again I may be completely misinformed... wouldn't be the first time!
> ;-D
>
> Coj

My burner is able to read DVD+R quite fine, although burning DVD+R...for the
closing of the DVD...it takes forever.  I thought Toast crashed and thus
threw away like a dozen DVD+R's but I figured I'd let the finalizing just go
and see if it's something that takes a long time and what do you know...it
takes a long time (about an hour just for finalizing).  With DVD-R, burns
fine.  I'm still running 10.3 and haven't upgraded to 10.4.

- daa