[MacDV] Why can't I open my iMovie files?

Patty Winter patty1 at sonic.net
Sat Mar 19 22:06:49 PST 2005

Okay, I don't use iMovie very much and I'm probably doing
something wrong that has a simple fix, but I can't figure
out what it is!

I want to clean up some existing iMovie projects before
sending them out to my new DVD recorder. (Which, by the
way, I successfully used for the first time today with
Apple's Simple Video Out software; great stuff!) But I
keep getting an error message that says, "Could not open
the project you chose" when I try to open an existing file.

Oddly, some of them work if I choose them from the Open
Recent submenu instead of from Open Project. So maybe
when I choose Open Project, I'm trying to open the wrong
file?? But the only file that isn't greyed out is the
iMovie Project File.

Like I said, I have the feeling that I'm being dumb about
something very basic. Would someone please remind me what
that might be? :-)

Thanks!
Patty