[MacDV] Software coupons?

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Mon May 2 14:57:19 PDT 2005

 I don't believe that to be the case.  What you are talking about is if you buy old software from the day of announcement of updated software till shipping date they will provide you with the updated software for the cost of shipping.  To qualify for that you need to provide proof of purchase in the form of a receipt.  Apple does this in order to prevent people from not buying a new computer during this period because they are waiting for the new software to ship and don't want to pay full price in a month, week or days later.  You are totally out of luck though if you buy the day before the announcement.  You have to feel sorry for anyone that made the decision to buy a new cinema display last Wednesday only to wake up to a price reduction on Thursday.

Gerhard