[MacDV] Canon DV

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Mon May 2 19:22:08 PDT 2005

Using an older Emac or a Sawtooth G4, we are not able to capture video
to an external 1394a hard drive (911 chipset)  via Premiere or FCP from
an XM-1 or a GL-1 Canon camcorder without freezes and or dropped
frames.  Haven't tried the new Panasonic DVX-102A yet to an external,
but have been led to believe that newer Canon camcorders will work with
newer Macs than we have.  What we do is capture to the internal drives
with FCP, export usable clips from the hour, then copy files over.

Lynn
Producer of the upcoming action thriller "Search Dog's Raven"
(SearchDogsRaven.com)

...Any search can turn deadly, as a young woman and her wilderness
search dog are lured into an eerie murder...