[MacDV] Re: Quick Time and having to buy a key--MacDV Digest, Vol 10, Issue 7

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Thu May 5 07:34:25 PDT 2005

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

NO.

We use FCP and other editing programs, but just HOW do you think THESE
applications get the job done?

Quicktime!  They're all based on Quicktime. It is the underlying engine
that makes it possible.  Don't believe me?  Trash all the QT components
from your computer and THEN try editing video.

Registering with the Pro Key gives you  a whole HECK of a lot more than
just full screen!

Quicktime Pro is an essential part of many of the versatile options
available in your editing software.

Your ability to export to a wide variety of codecs is included, along
with several other benefits.  (Look them up on the QT section of
Apple.com)

Well worth the paltry >$30 being asked for the key.

Sheesh!

Ted.