[MacDV] Brand New Canon XL2's lens is loose

Jeff Fay fnjaf at uaf.edu
Tue May 10 17:25:40 PDT 2005

DV Listers-

I recently got a brand new Canon XL2 which I've used a total of about 2
hours so far.

I noticed on the second shoot that I took it on that the lens was loose
at the mount. I've taken the lens off and checked the tightness of all
the mounting screww that I could see both on the lens and the camera.
They all were tight.

I also have an XL1 and the Canon 3x wide angle lens. No matter which
lens I mount on the xl2, it wobbles.  The fact that ANY lens seems to
wobble points to a problem in the camera body.

Since the camera is brand new, I didn't want to go too far taking things
apart, fearing I'd void my warrenty.

Have any of you experienced this kind of problem? If you did, how did
you resolve it (short of sending the thing for warrenty repair)?

TIA.

Jeff

--
Jeff Fay
Media Services Technician

phone (907) 474-5349
fax (907) 474-5139
jeff.fay at uaf.edu
ICQ # 38482379
iChat ID (AIM): alaskasnocat
http://www.uaf.edu/coop-ext

"Intel and Microsoft: When you simply can't afford the best!"