[MacDV] How does one increase quality of final encoding?

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Wed May 11 23:49:14 PDT 2005

All you gotta do to increase your final quality is use the 2-pass VBR
encoding option with a high bitrate (7-8 Mbps) using the highest quality
setting for motion (forget what it's called specifically).

Depending on how fast your machine is, this may or not be worth the
extra encoding time.  On my dual 2.5 G5 at work, the quality difference
is usually not worth the wait...  But that's just me...  ;-)

- Mark