[MacDV] how do I separate audio tracks?

Vtstream vtstream at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 05:38:35 PDT 2005

Using Final Cut Express 2, I have two audio tracks on my timeline that were recorded
using the mic on the camera (channel 1) and an external mic (channel 2)
Track 1 has a lot of wind noise on it. I want to delete it but can't figure out how to
separate it from the other track and delete it in the timeline. I realize I can mute it with the buttons on the left. Can I delete it and just keep the good track as a mono track? How?
If muted, will it remaine muted when I export it as quicktime to burn on dvd?