[MacDV] Burning a DVD via a disc image...

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 18 07:24:15 PDT 2005

On 5/18/05 12:07 AM, "Brett Conlon" <brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au> wrote:

> But if the disc image is nothing more than what is on the DVD then you can
> save even more space by not keeping the disc image and re-creating one off
> your final burned disc/s if/when you want to burn additional copies.
>
> Holding onto a disc image of each of your projects could very fast fill
> one's valuable work space unnecessarily.
>
> Am I off the mark???

Sorry for being so dense, everybody, but I still don't get the answer to my
original question--why make a disc image in the first place? You have your
project, you burn a DVD, you put your project away (in your internal drive,
external drive, or burned to a DVD), and it's waiting there for you next
time you want to burn another disc. What's the purpose of taking the extra
step of making a disc image?

Am I missing something obvious here?

Brian