[MacDV] Permissions Issue

AnonBilly anonbilly at dockpoint.net
Wed May 18 22:19:54 PDT 2005

This may be the wrong place for this post, however the problem popped
up while working with iMovie.  If I am wrong, my apologies.

I was working on 4 similar projects.  I was creating a title at the end
of the first project.  I wanted the exact same title in the other 3
projects so I opened the Media folder for the first project, found the
title file and copied it.  Then I pasted it into the Media folder for
the other 3 projects.

I opened the first of the 3 other projects.  iMovie informed me of the
extra file in the folder and I told iMovie to place it in the clips
pane.  I then moved it into place.

I did the same with the second of the 3 projects.  On the last project,
(all done within a few minutes of each other) I got this message:

"The project could not be opened, because the folder is locked, or the
folder permission are incorrect."

Etc., etc., . . .

All the projects are on the boot drive.  I have tried to repair the
permissions with Disk Utility several times.  I restarted in Single
User Mode and ran fsck a few times.  Still no luck opening that
project.

I hope I explained this well enough.

Ideas?  Suggestions?

At least it isn't a large project and re-importing it isn't that big of
a deal.

Thanks in advance for any help!
--
Billy M

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand
binary and those who don't."