[MacDV] erasing miniDV tapes

frank fitzpatrick ffitzpatrick at cox.net
Wed May 25 22:04:24 PDT 2005

Hi, I've looked at a lot of great ideas here. This one is probably what
you don't want to do, But I'll put it out there anyway.
Black and Code the tape with Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, [and I
don't know if iMovie can do this.]
I used to use bulk erase magnetizers for audio tapes at work and they
always left residual noise behind. Black and Coding removes all video
and sound, and timecodes the tape so you never have to worry about
blanks in your timecode. Somebody mentioned cleaning your heads. Good
idea, too.
Frank Fitzpatrick