[MacDV] Commercial VHS copying

tmeyer at lps.org tmeyer at lps.org
Sat May 28 12:09:20 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have been reading with interest some of the discourse dealing with transfering analog VHS and the sort digitally to the Mac. As there have been a number of different units said to be quite acceptable, I am wondering about a certain aspect. I will be transfering some of my VHS tapes that I have recorded but I also have a large number of tapes legally purchased for my use that are surely in the stages of deterioration that will inevitably be final in years to come. Can any of the units mentioned previously copy my commercial VHS tapes that were purchased and might have a copy protection built in?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tom Meyer