[MacDV] Quicktime MPEG2 in Panther #2

Frank Garcia fgarcia at shaw.ca
Sat May 28 15:55:42 PDT 2005

I haven't received the digest yet so I haven't seen replies at this writing.

Further investigation:

What's quirky is that in Jaguar, the MPEG2 playback codec was inside
Classic System Folder's Quicktime Extensions along with MPEG4
components. In searching under Jaguar, I also found a folder titled
QuicktimeMPEG2.component at the System/Library/Quicktime folder

And that's where it all worked SUCCESSFULLY,

So, the first thing I did was move the Quicktime mpeg2 codec to the
System/library/Quicktime folder and along with the
QuicktimeMPEG2.component in the same folder. Doesn't work.

so I kept the component folder in the System/Library/Quicktime folder
on Panther but returned the MPEG2 codec at Classic quicktime's
extensions. Doesn't work.

I repaired permissions, doesn't work. I'm VERY puzzled by this. It's
THERE. and I really need this.

Current locations are: Quicktime MPEG2 playback codec under Classic
System Folder/Extensions /Quicktime Extensions

QuicktimeMEPG2.component folder is inside System/Library/Quicktime/

QuicktimeMPEG2 package in Receipts.