[MacDV] Quicktime MPEG2 in Panther

Frank Garcia fgarcia at shaw.ca
Sat May 28 13:26:22 PDT 2005

Hi, I've just upgraded from Jaguar to Panther and I'm trying,
variously, to update assorted things but although I've moved over all
the Quicktime codecs to the Library/Quicktime folder, I've discovered
my MPEG2 files are no longer recognized by QT. I have been able to
get it to play under VLC but...

It's on QT 6.5.2 Pro, with all same codecs I used before (in fact I
updated 2 Divx-related ones) but MPEG2 that I played before suddenly
isn't recognized. I am puzzled. I separately installed the QT MPEG2
codec (and there IS a Quicktime MPEG Encoder inside the
Library/Quicktime folder which was installed by DVD Studio Pro. It
should all be working again.

I see the Quicktime MPEG2 package in RECEIPTS, but...?

Oh, and if anyone can suggest how to get Pith Helmet to get working
under Safari 1.03 that would be great.

Thanks.