[MacDV] Sound Bug in Imovie 4

Frank Fitzpatrick ffitzpatrick at cox.net
Sun Nov 27 16:50:57 PST 2005

I use Final Cut Pro and not iMovie at all, but there are likely many
similarities, so I'll try to help.

In FCP, you can unlink the audio tracks from the video by selecting the
clip in the timeline and then choosing Unlink under the Modify menu.
Then simply click once on the audio clip in the timeline to select it
(or stereo them) and hit the delete button on your keyboard.

Second thought: In FCP, after unlinking and then deleting from the
timeline, the audio still exists in the Browser, so it can be used
again. To fill the empty sound space, I've used corresponding audio
edited in after the speed change so it plays back at normal speed.
Doesn't fit what's going on, but will match the ambience of the game.

Frank Fitzpatrick
Cranston, RI
USA