[MacDV] New G5 dies, mac servicing, photos altered, web design warning

FredBillie at aol.com FredBillie at aol.com
Tue Oct 4 01:44:06 PDT 2005

I had problems with My dual 1.8 G5 with all kinds of strange freezes,
resetting of the time (no, it wasn't the battery) and inability to restart. Apple
replaced the logic board (in home service). No luck. They then replaced the CPUs.
No Luck. Same with the memory. No luck. Then the service technician happened
to disconnect the Super Drive (which had also exhibited some problems) and lo
and behold all the problems vanished. Weird. A replacement of the Super Drive
was then made and have had no problems since then. Well, actually one other
problem cropped up (as it has before). I got intermittent failure of the USB
connection from the 20" LCD screen to the keyboard. Kind of like on for 30
seconds and off for 30 seconds. That problem also disappeared and hasn't reappeared
as yet but I am beginning to wonder if I am getting intermittent failure of
the USB connection on the back of the LCD screen.

Comments, anyone?