[MacDV] Re: Macs dying and needing service--MacDV Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Tue Oct 4 07:41:16 PDT 2005

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

Definitely put the computers on a good Uninterruptible Power Supply
(UPS/aka Battery Backup).  The good ones adjust the output voltage when
there are sags and humps in the incoming power supply, and filter or
clamp spikes and other nasty stuff coming down the line.

Put any external devices like FireWire drives and peripherals on the
same UPS to keep problems from finding a back door into the Mac
attached.

I'd also suggest you find a local-to-you Mac service person or company.
  He/she/they may be more "user friendly" when it comes to making speedy
repairs or diagnosing what the cause of your problems is.

It sounds like you might be getting some spiky power, based on the
nature of the problems you've described.  Long-term problems because
Performas and Quadras are not that "young."

Ted.