[MacDV] Converting 4:3 to 16:9

whoisquilty whoisquilty at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:12:07 PDT 2005

I'm interested in converting a 4:3 video to widescreen 16:9 DVD. I'd
like to crop off the image and encode it to MP2 as anamorphic.

Are there any tools that do the cropping? I've got Final Cut Pro and
DVD Studio Pro...so I can edit it. And I know about burning DVDs. I
just don't know how to crop it and what to expect on the final disc.

Will it get blurry on a widescreen television? If I go from 720x480 to
720x405, then stretch it back to 720x480 on encoding to MP2...will I
notice any loss in image quality?

Or, should I create it as a comp in After Effects?

Thanks for any help,

Jer