[MacDV] Capturing video on screen

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Oct 16 10:02:03 PDT 2005

I love using HandBrake to rip DVDs for video iPod use. I also use
Handbrake to encode all my edited video for the web. Handbrake lets
me compress my video podcast posts down to 1 mb a minute and still
look good.

I export final DV edits from FCP or iMovie out to full quality DV.
Then I import that file into iDVD set at best quality encoding. Then
I burn a disk image of that DVD. Then I use HandBrake to target the
dimensions and size to one mb per minute 2 pass encoding to mpeg4
(with or without H.264 is an option too). Plus you can CROP video in
Handbrake which lets you trim the black edges of a native DV file. I
can't rave enough about how great HandBrake is for Video Podcasting.

<http://handbrake.m0k.org/> is where you get it for FREE. It's French.
- -
Taylor Barcroft
New Media Publsiher, Editor, Video Journalist, Video Podcaster,
Futurecaster
URL http://FutureMedia.org
RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/FutureMedia
iTunes http://tinyurl.com/8ql87