[MacDV] Capturing video on screen

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at gmx.de
Sun Oct 16 18:34:31 PDT 2005

mh,
JES deinterlacer worked always fine for me. i only did NTSC to PAL
conversions though. for my wedding videos (some guests where from
europe, thus PL footage) i actually send in the tapes to some company
on the web. they converted the tapes in 10 days for 15 dollar (2
tapes, one older hi-8 PAL and one miniDV PAL) - i got the originals
back and 2 dvds with the footage. perfect results.
so i guess if you are looking for high quality conversions, you gotta
look for someone with hardware encoder ... but (and i hate to say
that) ... beware of some local guys - i asked for the same job around
in my town and the chaepest would have been 3 weeks and 100$ ...