[MacDV] Re: Firewire - Logic Board problems>???

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Sun Oct 23 16:47:08 PDT 2005

Little late picking up this on this digest.

Ironically a buddy called last week with the identical problem. On a
1.2G Mirror. We worked through everything we could think of over the
phone. Restarted several times. Changed cables, etc. Nothing.

So the next day he takes all his equipment to the Apple store,
explains the problem, plugs the system in and IT WORKS!

The store tried a number of tests on the machine but nothing showed up.

I told him if it ever occurs again to turn the machine off. Wait five
minutes. Then give it a knock on its side. I hope he never has to do
this but it appears that drive to the Apple store did the trick.