[MacDV] Re: Firewire - Logic Board problems>???

Lanny Cotler lcotler at willitsonline.com
Mon Oct 24 21:39:38 PDT 2005

>I forgot to mention that my buddy's Firewire did supply power to his
>iPod but the iPod was not showing up on his desktop. Can you tell if
>your Firewire is doing the same?
>
>Carter
>
>>From: Lanny Cotler <lcotler at willitsonline.com>
>>Subject: [MacDV] Re: Firewire - Logic Board problems>???
>>Ya know, I thought about doing this. Then I chickened out. Okay, I'm
>>going to do it. And I shall report back.
>>
>>Ta all,

My FireWire LaCie does not show up anywhere.
My DSR-11 does not show up via FCP, iChat, Toast, or anywhere.
In fact, it seems the FireWire ports are kaput.
Apple Hardward Test CD says ErrorCode "fire/3/20 -- problem with logic board".

AppleCare is sending a technician plus parts sent to them by Apple.

I'm hopeful.