[MacDV] Mac Repair Update

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Tue Oct 25 04:37:53 PDT 2005

Well, the new 2.3 G5 is all fixed.  This is the one that began freezing
- then froze permanently.

Here's what we learned.

At least 3 major components must be defective before you get a
replacement machine.

Our logic board was diagnosed defective, then the replacement also
turned out to be defective.  When the logic board isn't working, it's
tough to diagnose any other problems.  With the new logic board
installed, they found the processor was also shot and had to be
replaced.

As each part had to be ordered, this is what took the three and a half
weeks.  However, Apple paid for a rental, while we waited the last
week, so we are happy.

Lynn

The Upcoming Action Thriller "Search Dog's Raven" (SearchDogsRaven.com)
Tells the Eerie Story of a Wilderness Search Dog Team known as 'Lost
Raven'.

...Any search can turn deadly, as a young woman and her wilderness
search dog are lured down a dangerous trail...