[MacDV] Superdrive recommendations??

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Sep 21 09:42:29 PDT 2005

On Sep 21, 2005, at 12:13 PM, Lanny Cotler wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with Pioneer's DVR-110? OWC has
> streaming videos that show it's not difficult to install an optical
> drive.

I don't have a 110. But I recently installed a 109, and previously
upgraded from a 103 to a 105, so I have done it twice.
  It is not that hard. Doing the screws in order is important. You have
to be careful of that third HD. And you have to do firmware update.
  And for me,  the biggest warning is not to drop the whole deal on your
motherboard.
I would go Pioneer unless you are looking at BluRay or some other
future improvement.
Jim