[MacDV] Help with iDVD DVD playback problems on home DVD players

merelyn davi merelyn_davi at internode.on.net
Mon Sep 26 15:46:59 PDT 2005

Christopher,
I have tried burning a disk image onto the desktop from iDVD and
burning it in toast and it worked. The quality was fine and it played
in 3 different players. I used verbatim and tdk disks. Burnt at x1
speed.

I copied the disk image onto an external hard drive and have recently
wanted to get more copies of this dvd.

I copied the disk image back onto the desktop and could not copy it.
I tried toast, I tried disk utility and finder.

  I decided I would test my drive, so I filled a dvd with "stuff" and
burnt that in finder - no problems!!

Can't see why the VIDEO_TS files could be burnt and played without
any trouble and now they can't!!!

So Christopher it may work for you, and it may not.

Lesson for me here was to try with dvd-rw discs, and I wouldn't have
wasted 5 discs yesterday!!!

Good luck with it

Merelyn Davi