[MacDV] Re: MacDV Digest, Vol 14, Issue 10

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Sep 26 16:28:38 PDT 2005

On Sep 26, 2005, at 7:17 PM, Christopher Bailey wrote:

> Ok, thanks, we've seen a few things suggesting having iDVD create an
> image
> and then burning that.  I just ordered Toast 7 (we have 6, so I'll try
> that
> while we wait).
>
> Also, I ordered some new brands of DVD's to try, after reading yet more
> about brand being important.  I'm now trying the BeAll's which
> Meritline
> says are super compatible, and also the incredibly expensive
> (relatively
> speaking) TDK certified DVD-R's (at least $3 EACH), but that claim to
> be
> certified to be compatible with ALL DVD players (an impressive claim,
> but
> we'll see).

Recently I had an order for 100 DVD's to be made from a master file.
A 2 minute production.
I fed the two minutes of DV into iDVD and made a disc image.
I bought a spindle of Office MAx DVD's for 40c each.
Fed them into the 109
No Problemo,
I use Fuji from Kmart . 20 for $10.99. No Problemo.
I have a weakness for KHypermedia. They're fine.

  Currently I'm on TDK 16X's.
I'm sure they are cheap or the guy that gives them to me wouldn't buy
'em.
I wouldn't overspend unless it's really important or some kind of
MAster or something.
2c plain