[MacDV] Re: MacDV Digest, Vol 14, Issue 10

Christopher Bailey chris at codeintensity.com
Mon Sep 26 16:17:46 PDT 2005

On 9/26/05 3:25 PM, "macdv-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com"
<macdv-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:31:24 -0400
> From: James Asherman <jimash at optonline.net>
> Subject: Re: [MacDV] Help with iDVD DVD playback problems on home DVD
> players
> To: "A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
> <macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>

> On Sep 26, 2005, at 1:24 PM, Christopher Bailey wrote:
>
>> If this topic has been covered, sorry for the repeat (is there a
>> *searchable* set of archives somewhere?).
>>
>> We are burning DVD's using iDVD on an iMac G5.  These DVDs play fine
>> on our etc.
>
> Somebody already mentioned burning speed.
>
> Use iDVD 5 to make a disc image and then burn the discs w/
> Toast..(selecting a burn speed lower than your maximum) That can help.

Ok, thanks, we've seen a few things suggesting having iDVD create an image
and then burning that.  I just ordered Toast 7 (we have 6, so I'll try that
while we wait).

Also, I ordered some new brands of DVD's to try, after reading yet more
about brand being important.  I'm now trying the BeAll's which Meritline
says are super compatible, and also the incredibly expensive (relatively
speaking) TDK certified DVD-R's (at least $3 EACH), but that claim to be
certified to be compatible with ALL DVD players (an impressive claim, but
we'll see).