[MacDV] RS422 and Firewire

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Thu Sep 29 05:13:26 PDT 2005

Wonder if anyone here has used the low-end DV decks that also have RS422
(Panny AG-DV2500, the JVC counterparts, or even the Sony 1500A). I need
to do frame accurate insert edits onto DV tape. I'm wondering if the
RS422 will let you control the deck for edits with the audio/video
signal going over firewire, or if you can only use RS422 when sending
the signals over the analog jacks? I'm using Avid XPress Pro and want to
do frame accurate inserts so need RS422, but want to keep the audio and
video all digital.

Thanks!

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan