[MacDV] My Mac is taking three times longer to boot up...

Mark M.Florida markf at squareblue.com
Thu Sep 29 07:52:32 PDT 2005

At first I read that as "What The Fsck?"  :-P

fsck stands for "file system check" and it's pretty much the equivalent
of running Disk First Aid under Mac OS 9.  It just checks for general
file system errors and attempts to correct them.  The commercial app
Disk Warrior is like fsck on steroids, and can usually fix major file
system problems so you can save your data from a corrupt disk.
Although now with journaled disk formats, problems like corrupt file
systems are becoming a thing of the past.

- Mark