[MacDV] Re: Print to Video [update]

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Tue Apr 11 18:15:45 PDT 2006

This helps me with an issue I was experiencing recently but wasn't able to
sort it out.

Could someone help me with the following process and steer me in the right
direction?

=====================================
To make a photo slideshow in FCPro I dragged all my pics in (TIFFs saved
at 720x576/PAL) and laid them out in the timeline, fitting to audio.

Created a cross fade between slide 1 and 2 and copied it. Then pasted it
between all other slides. (perhaps there was a quicker way).

Saved as QuickTime PhotoJPEG movie. This was because I just simply
couldn't get full resolution pictures saving it as a FCMovie.

But as per this thread, when I tried to print to my tape I just got the
audio and a black screen.
=====================================

So, I'll try resaving the QT PhotoJPEG movie as DV (hopefully keeping the
resolution clean) and try print to movie again.

I emailed this group a few months ago with a question about DVD Studio
Pro's slideshows giving poor resolution results and what best size to save
images at (if resaving is recommended at all) but I received no replies.
This is why I turned to FCPro to create the slideshow.

Your comments are most appreciated.

Cheers,

Coj

sb <videovideo at mac.com>
Sent by: macdv-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
12/04/06 04:40 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
[MacDV] Re:  Print to Video [update]

Jill, you've kind of screwed it up by using the MotionJpegA codec.

Create a new Sequence. Then use CMD-Zero to check the sequence settings.
Make sure the codec used is DV-NTSC, NOT MotionJPEG.
Now place all your clips into this sequence. Save.
You should be able to use Print to Video.
If you need to see screenshots, email me off list.

 regards,

 sb