[MacDV] Photos lighten when processed by iDVD

Rich rgb at ellerbach.com
Sat Aug 26 08:16:08 PDT 2006

On 26-8-2006 10:59, Russell Banks wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea why my photos lighten considerably in iDVD?
> Here's what I'm doing:

[snip]

> It seems clear that iDVD is lightening the images, but I don't know
> why. I'm pushing my old G4 to the limit, (1 GHz, 640MB RAM, old video
> card), and it takes a long time to process the video, but I wouldn't
> think that it would lighten the images due to a lack of resources.
>
> Any ideas what I should do?
What versions of OSX, Quicktime and iDVD are you running? Might there be
an incompatibility there? Can you make a small test project to see if it
happens with every DVD you create? It sounds like the mpeg2 encoder has
gotten corrupted but if that is true then everything you encode to DVD
should show the same problem.

Rich