[MacDV] Re: Slideshow DVD Pricing--MacDV Digest, Vol 19, Issue 2

Jeanette Brentnall junglebooks01 at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 6 15:27:02 PST 2006

I agree with all the participants in this discussion about how long and
labour intensive it is making DVDs for other people.  I have spent
weeks scanning 900 of my father's slides onto the computer, cleaning up
and improving the look (even getting them the right way up and facing
the right way takes time) and making them into (I had hoped) mini
movies with transitions and music, and burnt them onto DVDs.

	The problem is that although they play fine on my computer, and on my
DVD player, they will NOT play properly on Dad's player. I cannot see
any reason why they would not be compatible.  (We use PAL here.)

  I have now given up and am burning all the orginal copies of the
slides onto a disc and sending them to my brother, who seems to be able
to make snazzy movies without any trouble on his PC, and which play
effortlessly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Jeanette
Port Douglas,
Queensland, Australia.