[MacDV] How to:Sony TRV22

Walt Bagnara vbyahvb at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 09:40:54 PST 2006

Hi.
This may be too specific or too basic, but I'm having a problem transfering
video from a Sony DCR-TRV22 cancorder to my Mac G5 using the Pass Through
feature on the camcorder. I'm using Final Cut Pro. I'm using a VHS recorder to
send the video to the camcorder. Then I have a firewire cable to the Mac. In
FCP, I open the Log and Capture dialog. I can see the video on the camera LCD
and in a window on the Mac. But when I try to hit Capture Now, I get no video
in the main capture window and nothing gets transfered. I've read the camera
manual and everything seems to be hooked up right. What do I need to do at this
point? Any pointers?

Thanks,
Walt