[MacDV] How to:Sony TRV22

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Thu Jan 5 10:05:23 PST 2006

On Jan 5, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Walt Bagnara wrote:

> This may be too specific or too basic, but I'm having a problem
> transfering
> video from a Sony DCR-TRV22 cancorder to my Mac G5 using the Pass
> Through
> feature on the camcorder. I'm using Final Cut Pro. I'm using a VHS
> recorder to
> send the video to the camcorder. Then I have a firewire cable to
> the Mac. In
> FCP, I open the Log and Capture dialog. I can see the video on the
> camera LCD
> and in a window on the Mac. But when I try to hit Capture Now, I
> get no video
> in the main capture window and nothing gets transfered. I've read
> the camera
> manual and everything seems to be hooked up right. What do I need
> to do at this
> point? Any pointers?

I've never tried what you're doing but I believe when you hit Capture
Now that only works in conjunction with the camera when it's loaded
with film. Your source is the VHS recorder. Wouldn't you need to
start the recorder first and then maybe the Capture Now button will
work. If not, then is there another way of importing into FCP. I have
Final Cut Express and imported video from a Formac Studio TVR but
can't remember how I did that. Sorry.