[MacDV] FCP, Camcorders that work?

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Thu Jan 5 20:38:17 PST 2006

Hi Frank,

I believe that as long as it has a Firewire (IEEEwhatever) port then
you're fine.

It then comes down to the features you want on the camera.

Cheers,

Coj

Frank Fitzpatrick <ffitzpatrick at cox.net>
Sent by: macdv-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
06/01/06 03:17 PM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh."
<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
[MacDV] FCP, Camcorders that work?

I have the compatibility lists that Apple puts out for FCP 4.5 and 5.0.
I'm looking for a Sony firewire camcorder but not overly expensive.
Unfortunately, the FCP compatible camcorders listed officially by Apple
for Sony are mostly discontinued models!

I see that Walt is using a DCR-TRV22 which works apparently but is not
listed.

Feel free to chime in with other Sony models that you know work with
Final Cut Pro 4.5 (also called HD). For example, I did a search on
pricegrabber.com for a DCR-HC85 that brought up 2 listings, both of
which turned out to REALLY be DCR-HC90s. Is this actually an updated
new version of Sony's DCR-HC85? Weird.

Any advice is appreciated! This list and its people are great.

Frank Fitzpatrick
Cranston, RI