[MacDV] FCP, Camcorders that work?

Frank Fitzpatrick ffitzpatrick at cox.net
Thu Jan 5 21:17:24 PST 2006

I hope you're right, Brett, but I'm concerned because in 1999 (I know -
ancient history) I bought a Sony DCR-TRV9 with iLink - which is Sony's
trademark for IEEE1394/firewire, and 2 years later DV magazine (or was
it Videographer) reported that the early version (mine) of that model
was NOT compatible with Apple's firewire! I had nothing but trouble,
but of course this was the first year of firewire in Macs and version 1
of Final Cut Pro!
Thanks, Brett.

Frank Fitzpatrick
Cranston, RI