[MacDV] DVD probs

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at gmx.de
Thu Mar 9 11:52:45 PST 2006

the hd part shouldn't be any problem at all for you, as this only
adds more functionality to the program.
the only thing that comes to mind ...
- try encoding the dvd with quicktime - you will have to export it
not to a qt movie, but to mpeg-2 (you will need the mpeg-2 encoder
for that, costs a couple of bucks). i recommend this, because you can
define the bitrate for the video stream - your video player might
choke on that. a too high bitrate makes it too hard for it to
playback. if you don't wanna spend the money for the codec, then see
if you can adjust the bitrate settings in iDVD.

you can always make sure if the dvd plays correctly, if you try to
play it back via the dvd player app in your mac. if it doesn't play
there, it might be the encoding ... if it plays it fine, then you
might wanna try a different dvd player.
the lenghts of the overall movie shouldn't be a problem either, since
i have made dvds with just 3 minute lenghts ...

i hope this helps

william