[MacDV] DVD probs

Robert & Susan Lloyd lloyds at vermontel.net
Thu Mar 9 10:39:01 PST 2006

I'm feeling singularly stupid.  I cannot seem to make a DVD from FCE
HD.  It's a fifteen minute movie made with non-HD tape from a non-HD
camcorder on a G4 Dual, Pioneer 105 disc burner.  I have exported to
Quicktime movie (choosing audio and video), selected Make Movie
Self-contained.  This produces a file called a Final Cut Express movie
file.   I have imported that file into iDVD, burned the DVD, and when I
put the resulting disc into my commercial dvd player, it tells me the
disc is defective, or dirty, and just won't play.  I've increased the
length of the movie to 35 minutes (adding slugs) because I have a memory
that a too short movie won't make a dvd, but this has made no
difference.  I have exported the movie using Quicktime Conversion to
make a Quicktime movie (.mov), with the same result.  Any suggestions?
The fun has gone out of making coasters.

Is there something about the HD part of the program that is messing me
up?  I got FCE HD thinking I might get into HD down the road.

tia.

BobLL