[MacDV] final cut express and external la cie drive

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Mar 9 19:48:45 PST 2006

You want to OPEN the LaCie Drive case - unless you can return it for
a refund -, remove the 3.5" HD from the inside, go to Comp-USA or
Fry's or wherever you buy computer accessories in your area at low
prices and buy a FW400 case for about $40-$50, put the drive in
there, close it up, hook it to your eMac's spare FW port and fire it
up. Then you can choose it as the scratch drive. That's your cheapest
solution.

Oh and don't buy any more LaCie Drives. You can do it yourself for
way less. I can make a 300 GB external FW400 drive for $99 all the time.
--
Taylor Barcroft
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Podcaster, Futurecaster