[MacDV] downloading a tape into iMovie

Jeanette Brentnall junglebooks01 at bigpond.com
Thu Mar 9 23:07:27 PST 2006

Can someone kindly help me work out how to make my new Panasonic
NV-GS75 digital video camera work with my iMac. (I'm getting worried
because it does say on the box that the software does not work with a
Mac, not that it gave me any)

I have a firewire connection and and used it to download into iMovie
which it seemed to try to do but the clip remained black.  I need
minutely detailed instructions on how to do this as this camera is too
complicated for me thus far.

I did read the manual but it only tells how to play back on a TV not on
a computer.

Thanks, somebody.

Jeanette