[MacDV] final cut express and external la cie drive

Don Wakefield dtpetc at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 07:58:08 PST 2006

--- Geoff Allen <geoff-a at moscow.com> wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2006, at 7:26 PM, Kunga wrote:
>
> > What you are doing wrong is trying to capture to a
> USB 2 drive.
> > Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro will not write
> to a USB 2

This might be out of left field but I had trouble a
while back with a LaCie drive not writing from Final
Cut Express. All other programs would write to it just
fine but FCE would not! It turned out that even though
the box clearly stated it was formatted for my
Macintosh, it was really formatted for Windows. Once I
forced a reformatting, it worked like a charm. Could
yours be formatted to the opposite platform?

Don Wakefield
DTPetc! (DeskTop Productions et cetera!)