[MacDV] Compactflash info help

Shirley Kehr shirleykat at cox.net
Fri Mar 10 18:09:03 PST 2006

Thickness of the media. Type I is a little thinner. Type II sort of
eclipsed Type I in capacity, but lately Type I has made a come back and
has higher capacities too. For all practical purposes, just buy the
capacity and brand name you are comfortable with. Occasionally, still
digital cameras have had issues with certain brands and dpreview forum
users would compile lists of which cards work with which cameras. I
don't know if that's an issue with camcorders.

Is the movie going on compact flash, or just still images?

My Canon S1 IS still camera takes up to 1GB AVI movies, full size. The
files are accepted by iMovie.

Shirley