[MacDV] Compactflash info help

Gerhard gerhardk at mac.com
Fri Mar 10 19:49:22 PST 2006

You are right that CF II does not mean it is a microdrive and it was
not my intention to imply that.  I know that 4 and 6 GB Hitachi
drives are still readily available and there are likely other brands
available but I doubt that much interest remains for them today.  The
iPod mini was the largest single user of microdrives but they have
been out of production for a few months now.

In 1996  I bought my first digital camera and a large 8 mb PCMI Flash
Card, it cost $200 back then  <http://mypixel.ca/photo/Ricoh.jpg>.
That card would hold 2 jpg images from a modern camera but most of
were backing up on floppy disks (1.4 MB).   In those days I had two
computers one with a 600 MB hard-drive and the other with 1.6 GB
today people have more RAM installed in their systems.

Enough off topic rambling.

Gerhard