[MacDV] Canopus or DAC

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 00:03:45 PST 2006

If a person were in the market for a new camcorder, that may be the way to
go. I have an Hi-8 that I like, and when a few people suggested getting a
camcorder with pass through, I added up the cost and decided it didn't make sense
cost wise, since I couldn't use all the accessories I already had with any of
the newer units. The only advantage of getting the camcorder I can think of is
that you can make/keep an uncompressed digital backup on hand. The Dac is
around $200 and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

<< Buy a digital camera with pass through and get more for your money.

KenMc
http://grandcanyonhiker.com >>