[MacDV] Fw: Using DVDSPro's Slideshow feature - Blech!

Brett Conlon/HU/AU/SonyDADC brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Tue Mar 14 22:15:25 PST 2006

No thoughts anyone?

Coj

----- Forwarded by Brett Conlon/HU/AU/SonyDADC on 15/03/06 05:14 PM -----

Brett Conlon/HU/AU/SonyDADC
13/03/06 04:36 PM

macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
cc

Subject
Using DVDSPro's Slideshow feature - Blech!

Hiya,

This is the second time I've noticed something weird happening with
DVDSPro's slideshow feature. I'm currently running v4.

I've set the transitions to dissolve. When viewing the slideshow on TV, in
the final burn, the photo transitions between shots seem quite clear and
crisp but the still photos seem very low resolution and pixilated.

For example, with a person's smiling face, during the fade in, the eyes
are visibly open but when the still photo settles in, the eyes might look
closed due to the pixels "blocking" together in the eye area. When the
transition begins to change over to the next photo the eyes look open
again before it fades out.

Anyone else seen this?

Am I better off building my slideshows elsewhere and bringing a .mov file
into DVDSPro for the final project?

What pixel size should the photos be? I'm creating a 16:9 disc but I've
been setting up the slideshows as 4:3 (seeing that the photos are already
that proportion). Should the photos be resized using Photoshop to
720X576pix?

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,

Cojcolds