[MacDV] Problems with new clip start in iMovie

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Thu May 18 07:48:12 PDT 2006

We have a Polycom video unit on live. We're using the VCR outputs run
through a Canopus ADVC100 into a PowerMac G5, recording with iMovie
HD (latest version, I believe). Files are going to an external
Firewire disk. At 19:54, when iMovie reaches it's clip size limit and
is supposed to start recording into a new clip, it stops. The view
from the camera is solid blue and we have to click "Import" to get it
started again.

We checked "Automatically start new clip at scene break" in the
Preferences, but that didn't help any.

Why is iMovie stopping its recording when it reaches clip limit?
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com