[MacDV] FCP and DVD Studio Pro

Tony Fincham tfincham at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 2 17:15:02 PST 2006

On 31/10/2006, at 10:22 PM, carlian wrote:

> Application is still spitting the dummy as soon as it starts on
> encoding the actual movie track.

Ian, I can't answer you problems directly, but would like to give you
my experience of over coming similar "track burning problems" with
DVDSP.

Occasionally, I have trouble with the track/disc not burning and the
DVDSP Application quitting on running File/Advanced Disc Burn/Build
and Format (which is the way I have been recommended to burn a DVD
disc in DVDSP). This I have attributed to a corrupted video track
file. (This can happen for example if you use complicated video files
in your FCP Timeline Sequence. I have met it when importing and using
LiveType video sequences, for example).

I have always been able to solve such DVDSP problems, by starting
over and exporting the finished FCP project/sequence back to DV tape.
Then re-importing the video into FCP as a new project and name,
exporting it as a Quicktime Movie as I described in an earlier post,
and re-authoring a new DVD in DVDSP, and via Advanced Burn, burn the
DVD as described above.

Hope that helps.

Tony (from Melbourne, Australia).