[MacDV] Re: Moving iMovie project from one machine to another

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Thu Nov 2 20:29:04 PST 2006

> Both machines were Tiger PPC
> I'm not sure about which versions of iMovie they were but I think they
> were close.

"Close" may not be good enough for the iMovie versions.  Projects which I
created in iMovie version 4 give me a warning message when I open them in
version 5 or 6.  The warning says that if I proceed, I will not be able to
edit/open the project again in the original software.  This could be a
factor in the problem Richard is having.  It may be necessary to have the
same version of iMovie on both machines.  Can versions 5 and 6 swap project
files back and forth?

Derek

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center