[MacDV] How much HD space do I need?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Wed Nov 8 08:18:21 PST 2006

After all your help and all my research into producing vertical
movies in iMovie, my boss decided to go the extra step and gave me
the go ahead to purchase Final Cut Express HD.

Now, I'm going to be producing 2 - 3 minute long commercials. For now
they will be composed of still photos a la Ken Burns Effect with
titles flying around over the images. Down the road I'll probable
incorporate video as well. How much HD space should I have available
for this? I have about 25GB free before I install FCE. I also have an
external 80GB USB1 drive but I find it slow. I'm thinking I should
maybe get a good size Firewire drive. But I have no idea what to look
for. Suggestions?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com